Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tractor Seat

Here's another case of turning someone else's free trash into your treasure. 

Some people can look at a pile of broken bits and have a vision for something fabulous in their home.  My aunt is one of those people.  She loves anything that is old, natural, and worn out.  If it has rust...she likes it.  So, when someone got rid of their old busted up tractor...my aunt saw a perfect shelf in the seat.  She cleaned it up, propped the seat on a handmade rug and uses it to hold holiday decorations or whatever strikes her fancy.  Not that you come across tractor seats often, but if you happen to...here's one idea for putting it to use, with a touch of style.  By the way, the cute little handmade rug that it is propped on was made by my aunt as well.  It is a sheet rug and you can see how she made that by checking out the blog about it.  Click here to find my post explaining how to crochet your old sheets.

4 comments:

  1. I have one too that is mounted on a tire rim. My grandfather made it about 50 years ago when I was a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...that's two people I know of who have them. I want one now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!! And very Oswego County which I LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the seat...awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes us so happy! Please leave us a kind word.