Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Organize It: School Photos

Wondering what you can do with those large 8x10 photos?  I've come up with a wonderful way to keep them all in one place and preserve yearly memories! 12x12 scrapbooks can be intimidating, but they don't have to be.  I simply mount my photo on an 8x10 colored piece of paper (the color matches what they're wearing). Sometimes, I put cute little brads in the corners. Then, I mount that on a 12x12 sheet of black paper. The finishing touch is a big number signifying their age at the time of the photo.


The common theme is the 12x12 black paper, the simple bordering and the location of the headshot on the right side of the page. On the left side, I plan to put the class photo, mounted with the same materials.

It is such a joy to look through these albums and see the growth of my babies over the years.  I've even decided to add a few shots of the kids when they were younger.  8x10 photos are so hard to store.  I kept mine in frames for many years.  But, once I remove them, I can't find a safe place for storage.  This solution is perfect!  You will have so much fun seeing how your child's features change from year to year!  Within six months, my son went from having a beautiful set of teeth to plenty of holes.  He was proud to show off that sweet mouth. Hope you like this organizing idea!

2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent idea! 8x10 ARE hard to store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have piles I have piles of pictures everywhere. I can't give up the stress of wanting every scrapbook to be elaborate. I need to just do this with a few. Simplify.

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes us so happy! Please leave us a kind word.