Monday, May 23, 2011

Grad Series: Washer Necklace

Here is an ambitious graduation gift idea that could last a lifetime.  The designer stamped the name and graduation date into a washer.  Clever!!  I really would have loved this as a gift when I was a grad.  Yeah, yeah...who wears their expensive class ring beyond their senior year of high school?!?  I know.  But, those aren't handmade.   You can get a play by play class lesson for making this necklace via this link:

http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/2010/05/stamped-washer-necklaces.html

This grad series has been a lot of fun because it forced me to really search through some great craft blogs to find ideas that inspired me.  I'd been in a bit of a rut myself.  But, sifting through so many crafts made me want to schedule a session in the scrap shack with my friend, Crafty Girl.  It was just the thing I needed to snap out of the doldrums.  I also discovered that there are a lot of creative people in this world with nice blogs.  I'm happy to pass along their crafts and I'm looking forward to doing these series more often.  Class Dismissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes us so happy! Please leave us a kind word.